The admission procedure for all prospective applicants comprises:
1) Written exam in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and the situational judgement test.
Applications for the entrance exams should be submitted either to the official representative or by post to the School of Medicine University of Zagreb at least 15 days prior to the entrance exams taking place online, according to the schedule:
- online entrance exam – Tuesday, January 9, 2024 (rehearsal on Monday, January 8, 2024) – applications should be submitted until December 21, 2023
- online entrance exam – Monday, May 6, 2024 (rehearsal on Friday May 3, 2024) – applications should be submitted until April 19, 2024
- online entrance exam – Thursday, July 11, 2024 (rehearsal on Wednesday, July 10, 2024) - applications should be submitted until June 20, 2024
The dates could be changed due to administrative reasons.
Applications for the online exam term in July 2024 should be sent until June 20, 2024. Number of places available for the exam term in July 2024 will be posted until June 19, 2024.
Requirements for the entrance exam can be found here.
2) The following applicants may be exempted from the entrance exam:
– Applicants who have completed a pre-medical college or passed internationally recognized exams (MCAT – with minimal score 125 for each section)
– Applicants who have earned a BA/Bsc degree in natural sciences with good credits in Biology, Physics, Chemistry
The deadline for applications for above mentioned applicants is 15 June, 2024 . Places available for this category are 10. The applicants will be informed about the results until 19 June, 2024.
3) Candidates who are neither native speakers of English, nor have graduated from an English-speaking secondary school or college are required to take an internationally recognized English language proficiency test (TOEFL – paper based test 500, internet based test 60, computer based test 170, IELTS – 6). Cambridge and Oxford English language exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (C1 level) are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school a candidate attended.
4) Transfer students can be admitted into the second year only. Evaluations are made after receiving all the required application documents along with detailed course descriptions and transcripts. Please check our curriculum. Applications should be sent by June 20, 2024.
5) Health requirements comprise the health conditions met by a candidate in order to be able to finish the program of studies and meet by his or her competencies therewith acquired the professional requirements needed for the labor market. Satisfactorily fulfilled health requirements show the absence of any health impairments at the time of the enrollment for any of the professional positions/qualifications for which the students is being educated. By producing a health certificate issued by an authorized physician specialized in school health the student meets the health requirements. The candidates who do not meet any of the below stated eliminatory health requirement criteria shall not be taken into consideration for any further competition for admission.
6) Health requirements for medical studies are as follows:
- acceptable eyesight with or without corrections;
- ability to distinguish colors (Ishihara test – 24 test plates);
- acceptable hearing with or without hearing aid (there must be an option to adapt the
- hearing aid to medical instruments);
- normal ability for verbal communication and speech expression without speech
- impediments and in a well-articulated manner;
- normal function of the musculoskeletal system, torso upper and lower extremities –preserved functional motility of the vertebral column, upper and lower extremities within the physiological limits, normal gross and fine motor skills of the upper and lower extremities;
- normal balance and stabile state of consciousness – absence of severe and permanent conditions;
- normal cognitive functioning;
- normal emotional functioning;
- normal psycho-motoric functioning (entails normal mental function controls of motor and psychological processes within the body);
- absence of allergic reactions to professional allergens – drugs (inhalation and contact);
- regular immunization according to the valid immunization schedule for each candidate.
7) Candidates who fully comply with the prescribed health criteria are ranked according to their achievement in the course of the admission procedure for enrollment into the Integrated Undergraduate and Graduate Program of Studies in Medicine in the English Language. The Admission Board ranks the candidates according to the published vacancies for each place of taking the admission test and decides on the number of candidates who have qualified for the admission as prescribed by admission regulations.
Check Application procedure for more information.
- The maximum number of admitted students per year will be 70.
- Selected students will be sent an Offer of place followed by the Letter of Acceptance and the Contract.
- Enrolment takes place in Zagreb in September before the winter semester begins. Please make all the necessary arrangements in time (visa, accommodation, vaccination record). These reasons are not legitimate for postponing the beginning of study obligations. (Late enrolment fee might be applied)
- Applicants who obtained their high school education abroad must have their high school diploma recognized in Croatia in order to be eligible to enroll. More details about this procedure can be found here.
- Academic year starts with the winter semester – at the beginning of October. Students have two weeks winter break around Christmas and New Year while the summer break starts at the end of July. Exam terms are at the end of each course and in July and September. Schedules can be found here.
- Tuition fee is 12,000 Euro per year if paid at once, or 12,200 Euro if paid in two installments, prior to the beginning of each semester. Admission is possible into the winter semester only!